Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My Music

So just a little insight in to me.

I have been taking classical piano lessons for 7 years now. I'm a fairly decent player, having some Mozart, Bach, and Beethoven pieces in my repertoire. I love playing a lot, though the early years were a struggle to say the least. My mother kept us(My brothers and I) going when we wanted to quit, so I owe most of my playing to my parents.
I've had three teachers. I seem to scare them all off. No seriously, the previous two moved their families because the husband found better employment opportunities, so I can't blame them. Our first teacher was very good about theory. She scared us, and I left lessons in tears on several occasions, but she was, overall, a very good first teacher. Our second teacher was the mother of one of my childhood friends. We rarely had lessons two weeks in a row, and we took from her for over a year untill they moved. We found our third teacher! She took us out of the lesson books we so desperatly hated. She began teaching us what we need to know about piano while teaching us songs that made us sound like good players.
So thats about all there is to my piano carreer.

~Forever Rogue~

No comments: