Friday, February 29, 2008

So I'm Joining The Club...

...and writing a Rob Bell commentary blog. So this morining, I was watching Rhythm by Rob Bell, and he was talking about people how are more experienced in a certain area. How they can appreciate the little details and the effort it really takes to do something because they know from experience. Being a musician, it really hit home when he applied life to a song. I can easily pick out a bass line or a simple trill; I know how many hours of practice it takes to sound good. Often times, when I listen to a song, I do realize that I have missed the overall beauty in life.
So how does this apply? I don't know. Maybe it doesn't. Maybe it does. Am I missing the details of life? Quite possibly. God, I hope not.


Yes, you did just read all that.

No comments: